COVID-19 crisis has disrupted the education process, especially in VET sector, where digital readiness was not uniform.
Q4EDU project aims tosupport VET institutions in their digitalization process, not only focusing on online tools, evaluation and examination methods, but also devising a framework to assess the digital readiness at VET level.
The central aim of Q4EDU project is to offer a methodology for a quality plan to VET centers and trainers for them to: 1) adopt a quality-centric point of view for their services and internal operations, 2) address digital education readiness issue, 3) assess training methods’ adaptability, 4) assess quality of online/distance/blended learning in the post covid-19 era.
Q4EDU project intends to:
- Understand more deeply the digital education readiness status in the VET sector;
- Assess a mixture of Quality Assurance (QA) methods & models and provide the novel Q4EDU framework;
- Prepare the ECVET curriculum for an expert and develop a novel methodology for specialized training;
- Develop training content, keeping in mind the quality criteria and performance indicators;
- Develop the Digital Readiness Assessment Tool that incorporates the proposed Q4EDU framework, perform trials and assess results;
- Develop Policy Recommendation/Guidelines document.
Q4EDU TARGET GROUPS
The project and its activities are mainly addressed to VET trainers, who want to be familiarised with high quality assessment of mixed/online/distance learning. Secondary target groups include VET providers (e.g consultants, managers etc.), who want to evaluate the digital readiness of their organization.
By utilizing Q4EDU methodology, VET centres will enrich and ensure increased quality both at course and secondarily organisational level, become digital ready by incorporating various education methods in their programmes, achieve digital inclusiveness, make lessons attractive and meet learners’ expectations.
- “METHODOLOGICAL FRAMEWORK” (O1), which will consist of an innovative methodology to exploit well-known models for quality excellence and well-recognized methodologies.
- “ECVET PROFILE AND TRAINING METHODOLOGY” (O2), a sort of an ECVET Curriculum, which will develop a novel methodology for specialized training on the assessment of digital readiness in VET.
- “TRAINING COURSE DEVELOPMENT” (O3), an online training course useful to become familiar with quality assessments, indicators/criteria and to evaluate the digital readiness of their VET centre.
- “DIGITAL READINESS ASSESSMENT TOOL (DigiRAsT)” (O4), a tool to provide quick assessments regarding digital readiness at course or organisation level.
- “POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS/GUIDELINES” (O5), aim to start a capacity-building process to raise awareness of decision-makers of the potential benefits of the diffusion of the Digital Readiness Evaluation Methodological Framework.